Empower all women, specifically first– and second-generation immigrants, to become engaged citizens and community leaders, regardless of political affiliation. Work to build a world in which more women hold position of power and leadership in government, community, and business settings.
- We are a nonpartisan civic leadership organization.
- We promote gender equality and we empower women.
- We are committed in removing any barriers that prevent full participation of women in the public sphere.
- We believe in reflective democracy.
- We believe that grassroots initiatives and consensus building are the strengths of our organization.
- Take steps to redress the underrepresentation of East African women in political leadership through advocacy, political education and training specifically tailored for East African women’s need;
- Work with political parties and public interest groups that are interested in designing and executing plans to integrate East African women into the political process of Minnesota;
- Build a network of individuals and organizations that advocates for immigrant women-oriented policy.